Although very over due (as usual), I wanted to post about Easter. I always love it when Easter falls on Conference weekend because it is such a great family time and so easy to focus on the Savior. We had a really nice Easter weekend this year. Adelyn was so wonderful and wanted to watch all eight hours of Conference. During one of the talks, the speaker mentioned children writing up a simple family tree to teach them about genealogy. I didn't even think she was listening, but a few minutes later she showed me her beautiful drawing of a tree complete with all of our immediate and extended families' names on it. She is such a good girl; I am constantly amazed by her. We went to my parents' house in Salt Lake that evening during the Priesthood session. The kids dyed Easter eggs and went on an Easter egg hunt with all of the cousins. We had a great time.

Preston with his Easter basket on Easter morning. We continued the tradition from my childhood and the "Easter Bunny" hid their Easter baskets on Easter morning.

Adelyn with her Easter basket sporting her cute morning hair! We had pancakes cooked on Ryan's new griddle (also from the Easter Bunny) topped with strawberries for breakfast. YUM!!

I made my first traditional Easter feast this year: honey-glazed ham, funeral potatoes, asparagus, carrots, and croissant rolls, with strawberry shortcake for dessert. We had Ryan's family over to share it with us, and the kids got a third helping of Easter treats from Ryan's mom who brought tons of eggs for another egg hunt. Annalise even got to share in the hunt and especially loved playing with the plastic eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment