Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sweet Annalise is One!

For Annalise's birthday, we gave Timpanogos Cave another try. This time we got tickets in advance. The hike was much easier than Stewart Falls and Preston was able to do more walking by himself. Annalise, however, still got to ride in the Bjorn.

This little birthday girl is already good at sharing. We gave her snacks to eat on the way up the trail and she worked out a little system: she would eat a bite and then feed me a bite. She is so cute and generous. :)

We made it up the trail without too much trouble. Everyone loved the cave except Annalise who apparently got bored and fell asleep.

We came home and had a little family party for her. She was surprisingly proficient at present-opening, especially for a one-year old.

Annalise's personalize pink cake.

Her first bite...

"This is quite delicious indeed."

" Um, I think I've had quite enough, thanks."

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love the picture of you and Annalise. The expression on your face sums up the beauty of motherhood completely.

And I love the picture of Annalise's first bite--how Preston is looking at the cake like, "As soon as she takes her bite, I'm totally eating the rest."