Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dying to go Digital

So for all of you scrap-happy mommies out there, I need some advice. I have been a devout scrapbooker for quite some time now and through much time and toil have managed to keep mostly up to date. . . until now. I try and try, but I always seem to remain 6-9 months behind. My kids just grow up way too fast and paper scrapbooking is a very time-consuming process. And with baby #3 on the way, I fear that things are only bound to get worse.

So, here's where you all come in. I need some advice on digital scrapbooking software. Tell me about the different ones you've used, how to get them, how much they costs, and WHY you love them (or hate them). I want a program that is easy to use, has LOTS of variety and lay-outs, and doesn't cost too terribly much. I am still having a really hard time letting go of my paper ways, so please feel free to present your most persuasive case. :) Thanks for your help.

10 comments:

Our Family said...

Okay- you honestly will love it! So say you have just put all three kids down for naps or you are alone for 20 minutes. YOu want to scrapbook so hop on the computer and do a page or two. Then all of the sudden Preston is at your toes and want you to help push save and then there you go. No mess and you used your time wisely! I have memory mixer. YOu can get it at roberts and you can use a coupon so you coul get it around I think but don't quote 40-50 dollars. No think you only have to send money when you print and just depending on the size. One time fee of 50 dollars and then the book which dpends. No buying papers printing pics, buying books, and emblishments. I am a firm believer. I need Dave to proof Sarahs year book and then it is off to the printers. I have decided to do every two years after there first year so I haven't printed Jonahtans again!

Heather said...

Do you guys have Adobe Photoshop? If you do, you can do it really easily with that...

Lisa said...

i had a great program but it wasnt compatable with my windows vista. i forget the name of it and i gave it to jennica. maybe i'll have to tell her to come post its name here, they probably sell a vista version now too. anyway it was super user friendly and you could download all the free layouts and use them with it which was nice.

Angie O said...

I have My Memories Suite. It cost about 50$ for the software and you can always find 10$ off promotions, so search the internet. You can use and jpg format with it, so you can pull stuff off the internet, too. Also, it's cool because you can burn it on a CD with Videos. I wouldn't call it the cheapest or the easiest to use. I do love having digital scrapbooking, but there might be a better one out there. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but you might want to search reviews on the internet 1st. That's what I did.

The Reichmans said...

I also have been wanting to get into digital scrapbooking so I will have to keep checking back to find out what people recommend. I have never had the patience for paper scrapbooking so I thought digital would be great for me. By the way Congratulations on baby #3 and that she is a girl! That is so exciting! I am very happy for you!

The Sorensen Family said...

Oh love the pics from the previous post, and you're having a girl, yipee! I've got under 9 weeks left and I'm so excited to find out if it's a boy or girl! I've thought girl from the beginning but everyone else has thought boy. Only time will tell! I love digital scrapbooking and think it would be great for you. Good Luck! Miss you!

Andrea

Ash said...

I say get Photoshop if you're going to get anything because you can do anything with photoshop. There is a learning curve but there are good books out there and tutorials on the internet. Two Peas in a Bucket is a really good website also Shabby Princess. They will teach you everything you want to know. I need to get better about scrapbooking myself. DId you know you can make your blog a book on blurp? I'm going to do that for sure.

Ash said...

Congrats on the girl! How exciting!

Andree and Josh said...

We will be doing it next year and every year! It is a great event and great time to go to Moab. You should come! Congrats on the little girl!

Chelsea said...

I have memory mixer and it is great. I am way far behind but really it is so much better than paper scrap booking. I bought mine off amazon or ebay for $15 and haven't spent anything since then. I check out blogs everyday that have freebies you can download and use. The good thing about going digital is that you can use the same paper, embellishments etc over and over!! Do it Julia!!
oh p.s. my sister in laws email is ekwsmom@hotmail.com. Her name is Miriam Webb!!