So, I guess I'm supposed to list six random facts about myself and then tag two other people, so here goes. Warning: some of these may come as a shock!
1. I love to sweat! I know it sounds gross, but it's true. I have been a runner since I was 12 and frankly, it comes with the territory. And I can be somewhat of a psychotic runner when I get into it. I actually enjoy running in the bitter cold and the scorching heat, and in high school I often went running around my neighborhood at midnight or later (with a sister or friend next to me on a bike, of course). And if you look at my injury history, it is apparent that I'm not very good at knowing when to quit. Fortunately, I have wised up quite a bit and am far less psychotic now that I have children.
2. I have been told by several sources that I chew on my tongue when I am concentrating (i.e. putting on make-up, doing something difficult for the first time, playing games, etc.) Of course, I am completely unaware that I do it, but apparently it is an inheritable trait because I sometimes catch Adelyn doing it when she's really focused.
3. I am obsessed when it comes to keeping my history. I have kept a journal since I was 6 or 7 years old and have never gone longer than 2-3 weeks without writing. I have also scrapbooked every event of my entire life! I currently have 14 journals and 12 scrapbooks (including my recent family scrapbooks). I realized a couple months ago that at this rate I am going to have upwards of 100 memory books before I die! Am I crazy?! Who is ever going to want to read or look at all this stuff?! Oh well, I guess I enjoy doing it, so what's the harm?
4. I LOVE condiments! A sandwich is not complete without a slice of tomato, lettuce and cheese. And in my opinion, the more the merrier when it comes to layering food. I find myself eating my sandwiches in a circular fashion, making sure that the very last bite is a perfect one--complete with every delicious condiment and taste.
5. I love to sing, but I don't have the greatest voice. I took a voice class in college when Adelyn was younger and the poor girl was subjected to hours and hours of my singing while I practiced. Sadly enough, since then she usually only requests songs like "Old McDonald" or "Little Bunny Foo-Foo." I'm afraid I wore her out with the show tunes long ago.
6. I am enthralled by little things, like produce. Did you know that there are three separate sections of bananas? Or that carrots have a core at their center? Pomegranates speak for themselves, but I am most fascinated by oranges. They have a peel, then little bite-size sections, but within those sections are hundreds of little delicious juice pockets! How amazing is that! (I could say the same about a grapefruit, but they aren't as tasty.)
Well, there you go. I hope you don't think I'm crazy. Who cares if you do, I guess. Well, I tag Heather S. and Andrea. I'm excited to read about each of you.
1 comment:
I love Little Bunny Foo-Foo too! Gotta love the simpleness of children. Those were all things I didn't know about you and very fascinating! I'm giving you a fruit basket for your next birthday!
Post a Comment