So, you may be shocked to learn that I absolutely hate making sugar cookies. I love making ALL other kinds of cookies, but sugar cookies are far too much work for their worth, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind other people making me sugar cookies. I just don't like to make them myself, what with the flour mess and the cookie cutters and having to make the frosting and the sprinkles getting everywhere... But guess what folks, kids LOVE making sugar cookies. And apparently an important part (sometimes a VERY large part) of being a mother is doing things you don't necessarily like to do for the sake of the little ones. So, on October 1st, the kids came home from school bound and determined to bring in the month of October by making some Halloween sugar cookies. And guess what? I groaned inside for half a second, then I decided to oblige rather than put them off for a few weeks. And the smiles I received were well worth the effort (even if the cookies weren't).
A winking smile from Annalise.
Preston loves sprinkles, and everything else sweet for that matter.
1 comment:
I'm with you. That is my least favorite cookie to make. Thanks for including Emma that day so I can put off making them. :)
Post a Comment