My Adelyn is six. I can hardly believe it! She has been loving kindergarten and is learning so much. Her most favorite thing lately is Rapunzel, thanks to the most recent Disney film
Tangled. I had never seen the movie, but she REALLY wanted to have a Rapunzel party. So, I did what any desperate mother would do: I got on the internet and searched for other people's creative ideas. I found lots, and Adelyn and I had a great time preparing the invitations and decorations in anticipation of the big day.

The invite. (I photo-shopped out my address and phone number so I don't get any crazies on my doorstep expecting to join the festivities.)

We made a 16-foot braid out of yarn for the door.

The little lunch fixin's complete with flower and butterfly shaped PB&J's (I got that idea from Ryan's older sister).

We had the kids do a
Tangled coloring page while we waited for all the girls to arrive.

We played hot-potato to princess music with Adelyn's Rapunzel Barbie. Instead of having the kids get out if they were holding the Barbie when the music stopped, they got to shout something out about Adelyn's birthday or the party. They were so funny.

For the craft, we made Pascal party blowers out of craft foam. The blower was his lizard tongue. Here is Jenna, Reese, and Savannah blowing theirs.

Next we played "Pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider." Ryan drew this poster using his mad art skills.

It looks like Hadlee got him right in the nose!

The chocolate fountain was a great addition to our lunch. We discovered that anything covered in rich chocolate tastes ten times better.

Adelyn's tower of cupcakes. She LOVES red velvet cake and she made me promise her we could have it for her birthday. She got her wish, though I am not fond of red cake crumbs all over my kitchen.

All the girls gathered around during the present opening. It was such a fun little party. Happy Birthday Adelyn!!
Adelyn's Favorites at Six
Favorite breakfast: gingerbread waffles and sausage
Favorite lunch: chicken nuggets and fries
Favorite dinner: sour cream enchiladas
Favorite drink: Sprite
Favorite treats: bubblegum and rainbow sticks
Favorite colors: yellow, blue, pink, and purple
Favorite hobbies: reading, coloring, drawing, ballet, riding bikes, making huts
Favorite holiday: Christmas
Favorite movie:
Tangled
Favorite TV show: "Magic School Bus"
Favorite book:
Rapunzel's Journal, A Horse and a Hero, Kingdom of Colors
What she wants to be when she grows up: teacher, astronaut, mother, nurse
Best friends: Leah, Eliza, Emma, Jenna, Preston, and Annalise
Favorite vacation: Disneyland
Favorite game: Squashed Potatoes
Favorite animals: unicorns, dragons, kittens, puppies, and fish
3 comments:
Cute! Cute! Cute!!! Adelyn is adorable! What a fun party. You're such a great mom:)
You did so good on Adelyn's Party everything was so great!! Can't believe she is six! Your kitchen looks amazing, I bet you guys are loving it!!
Wow! Wow! Wow! I think that is the cutest and most creative birthday party have ever seen. I will be laughing all day about that Flynn rider game. Hilarious! Happy birthday adelyn! We love and miss you so much! Wish we could have come to your party!
Post a Comment