Thursday, March 31, 2011

Annalise at 18 Months

My little baby is growing up faster than I ever thought possible and it is killing me. She will be 2 in August! Where has the time gone?! It is truly a miracle that any of these pictures turned out at all. Annalise REFUSED to cooperate. She knew exactly where we wanted her to stand, so she stayed as far away from that spot as possible. The ONLY pictures we got were with me holding her. Then at the end of the session, the photographer got the idea to roll a ball over the area she wanted Annalise to stand. But Annalise was far too fast for her. She would run from her corner hide-out, grab the ball, and roll it back before the photographer could even get the camera up. After about 15 attempts, however, she got a few more great shots of my little red-head.

Annalise is the fastest mess-maker I have ever seen. Just the other day, she managed to climb onto the counter-top and peel three bananas an two oranges before I even realized she was out of my sight. She makes art out of all her food before she'll even think about eating it. But she also is a good cleaner. She loves to throw things in the trash can: remote controls, cell phones, tooth brushes, even trash sometimes. She also enjoys taking a washcloth to any mess. She LOVES babies and already knows how to care for them. She wraps them in blankets and takes them around in her mini-stroller while wearing a very proud motherly smirk.

She loves books, singing, and cuddle time. She thinks my lap is her own personal real estate and will fight anyone who thinks otherwise. She is already very stubborn and has decided that she is far too old to sit in her high chair; she much prefers sitting on the stools with the big kids. She loves playing with other friends and says "Hi" to everyone. She is such a little treasure. We just love her to pieces.

Favorite words: "Uh-oh," "Mama"
Nicknames: Lissy, Peach, Little Miss
Favorite things: playing with dolls, playing outside, eating, princesses, giving kisses.
Favorite color: purple
Favorite foods: oatmeal, bagels, oranges, fish sticks, raisins, tomatoes.
Dislikes: dogs, loud sounds.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a little darling. I LOVE that first picture of her. Such a sweet, happy, mischievous little girl. :)

www.kearnspics.blogspot.com said...

How sweet she is. I love hearing about her and just wish I could be there to see her in action. I love her spunk! You are beautiful Annalise!