Friday, June 4, 2010

Ostler Reunion in Heber

We survived another year of the Ostler Family Reunion at Heber Valley Camp. It was a lot of fun this year. I love seeing my kids playing with their cousins and having such a great time outdoors.
We saw lots of wildlife including two deer that we almost ran into with our car on the way up and a moose that walked right through our camp site. We went on some hikes, ate lots of yummy food, and just relaxed for a change. It was lots of fun.

Preston loves being outside. He had been anticipating this camp out for several weeks. His favorite pass times included playing soccer and baseball with the boys and "borrowing" all of his cousins' toys. These two dinosaurs were a few of Preston's favorite loans, as well as a large Lightning McQueen car, a John Deer tracker collection, and a Star Wars ship. Good thing his birthday is coming up; we know exactly what to get him--LOTS OF TOYS!!

Ryan with the kids at the water front. They had a great time out on a canoe together. Oh, and don't you just love Adelyn's hair? She won't let me touch it anymore and she's recently gotten very creative with it. It's a little crazy, but I love to see what she comes up with and it makes her very happy to do it herself.
Addie with her cousins Eliza and Halayna. These girls were nearly inseparable and had such a great time together. For some reason this rock has become a favorite hang out spot for them. They also played Barbies and Pollies on the top bunks in the cabins.

I was very happy that I remembered to bring up Annalise's little eating seat. It is nearly impossible to feed her without it. She is almost 10 months now and is eating all kinds of food, crawling and cruising around everywhere, and getting into everything. She is so much fun.

The kids did some really fun art projects while we were up there. This is Adelyn making her first sand art picture. She loved doing them and made SIX! The kids also did tie-dye shirts and lots of sidewalk chalk drawings.

Three of my beautiful sisters and my mother. I really don't think it's fair that they always look like super models, even while we're camping, but oh well.

Ryan holding my niece Kaitlin. I love Preston's little face in this picture. He sure loves his daddy. Well, we had a great time. My favorite part is always being able to just see everyone and talk for hours about whatever. I learn so much from all of my sisters especially and I feel very fortunate to have such an amazing family.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love that your family does this. What a fun tradition. That picture of Preston looking lovey at Ryan is adorable. And ALL of you Ostler women look like supermodels all the time.