Friday, March 12, 2010

Adelyn is Almost Five

Adelyn started taking ballet at the beginning of this year and she thinks it's the best thing in the world. She has the most amazing teacher ever who has such a creative way of teaching children. They use all the real French words (so of course Ryan approves), and you can often hear her practicing around the house: "Sauté, échappé, sauté!" It's pretty amazing.

She wants to take ballet until she becomes a "princess ballerina" like the ones she sees on the ballet posters (in costume and on pointe). But she also really wants to take gymnastics and play soccer, so we'll see.

Adelyn is never happier than when she is making cookies (I think she got her sweet tooth from me). And she really does love to help me around the house. While Preston sleeps, we have worked out a little system for having fun while still being productive. We do a chore together and then play a game or read a story together, then do another chore and play another game, etc. She has become quite handy at putting away the dishes, folding the laundry, and cleaning bathrooms. It's nice to have a little cleaning companion.

Adelyn also loves to play on the computer and always wants to print out a craft to color and cut out. She has redecorated my house with the craft assortment she has taped all over the walls. She is really enjoying preschool and is getting much more comfortable with reading and writing. Yesterday she drew a picture with the caption: "Adelyns DafuDil Flaowr." I just love to watch her figure out the world and become more confident. She constantly asks me questions about different things and then repeats what she just learned to Preston like she has known it all her life. She is such a little character and I love her so much!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I love all three of these update posts on your kiddos. They are all so unique and beautiful. Look at the great job you're doing memorializing these moments (remember how we talked about how hard it is to know how to do that in a realistic fashion?)

I love Addie the ballerina. She's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Addie you are unbelievable. I am so proud of you.

www.kearnspics.blogspot.com said...

Adelyn is so beautiful in her ballet outfit. Is she going to Progressions by chance? Kiley and I love looking at all your pictures. We love you and think your kids are so cute. Miss you all!

Annie said...

What an adorable family! So many different little personalities!

Patty Sue Martin said...

Why are your kids getting so big?? I remember when adelyn was first coming to nursery! They are so cute and you can see that they are all loved so much!!