We took the kids to Liberty Land for the first time on Preston's birthday. We had a blast! Pretty much everything is targeted for kids; they were able to ride almost all of the rides with us. We had a great time.

Ryan took Preston on the speed track. Preston loves cars, but I think Ryan drove a little too fast because about half-way through, Preston was no longer enjoying himself. Ryan, however, looked like a little giddy school boy the whole time.

The little rickety train inside was fun. The kids love trains (probably because we lived next to the train tracks for several years).

Ryan is training Preston to be the next PGA Tour champion. Preston, however, had a hard time understanding the purpose of mini-golf. Thinking he was being so helpful, he kept proudly bringing us our balls after we hit our first shot.

Our little golfers.

Adelyn going up for a slam dunk in the bounce house.

There were lots of these quarter-operated toys inside. Fortunately, I discovered long ago that kids have just as much fun on these things whether or not they are actually moving. Preston spent about 15 minutes playing in this safari truck and we didn't spend a single quarter all day. We also went on the bumper boats, upon which Ryan and I spent the entire time squirting water all over each other and laughing hysterically. The Rushmore Roller Coaster was a little too much for Preston and I. It was much faster and more jerky than it looked. I probably wouldn't recommend it for any other women who are 9 months pregnant. :)
2 comments:
Oh wow you can really go there! Every time I drive past that place it looks abandoned! Looks like fun!
August 6, 2009
Dearest Julia,
This is fabulous. You called this morning and told me you are at the hospital. It is a little before seven a.m. and I am up wondering how you are doing. I'll call in a little while. Sally, Rick, Daniel, Melissa, Heather, Sarah, Travis and Wyatt are here so I'm tip toeing around trying not to wake them. Mary has a final this morning so I'm going to call her on her cell phone to make sure she is up because she wants to go into school a little early.
I had to move our car into the garage a little bit in order to get the garbage out (I forgot to put it out last night and we have a motor home, Daniels car, Ricks van and our Mazda all in the driveway. I couldn't get between the vehicles with the garbage buckets and one has a bunch of cement in it because we had a slab poured for our new building/labor- atory yesterday. I'll have to blog some of this on my blog.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment