Sunday, August 16, 2009

The First Week

Preston and Adelyn were very excited to meet their newborn sister for the first time in the hospital. Adelyn was completely enthralled with every move or sound Annalise made.

My sister-in-law Alison (Doug's wife) and her three kids. Alison made Annalise the most beautiful baby afghan I have ever seen. I'll have to post it. It is the prettiest shade of purple and is so well made. She is amazing!
My good friend Heather and her two darling boys came to visit too.

"Do we really get to take her home?" Annalise's first ride in a car was fortunately only five minutes long. . . she cried the whole way.

A smiling sleeping girl. She's been sleeping in this bouncer chair because she, like my other two kids, has reflux. But she is a fairly good sleeper so far. Knock on wood.

Adelyn wants to hold Annalise ALL of the time. She is a great big sister and will be a big help.

The proud papa. Ryan thinks Annalise is a complete angel baby.

This is my good friend Patty. She and Mitch were some our best friends from our Provo ward. We were so happy they came to visit us, all the way from Wyoming. They are expecting their first baby in November. We are very excited for them.

Annalise has brought many new joys into our home. Her car seat, for example, is one of Preston's favorite little hide outs. While I fed the baby, Adelyn spent about 15 minutes loading Preston up with toys. By the time she was done, you could only see Preston's eyes, nose and mouth. They were laughing hysterically the whole time.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

congratulations, julia. beautiful little one. I bet adelyn is just eating it up! can't wait to see you and hear how everything went.

Jennica said...

Jewls she is so pretty! you guys make darling kidos.

Ash said...

That last picture is so funny! Hopefully Preston is adjusting. Kids are so fun and yours are really cute.

Alison said...

She's so precious! You make me anxious for our own first week home. When I went to my appointment yesterday Porter asked if the doctor was going to take baby sister out when I went! I love how excited the siblings are for their new baby. Ryan's right, she's an angel baby :)

Alison said...

Oh yeah, and PLEASE use the blanket! You can change the ribbon if you want to and get rid of the bow & extra ribbon so Anna can use it better, but let her enjoy it :) Just take a before picture like on those organization shows and let it be loved to pieces (if she loves it that is) ;)

Andree and Josh said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

Heather said...

Reflux and hating car seats again, huh? Good thing they're so darn cute! :)

Heather Kearns said...

She is BEAUTIFUL and we love her so much already! I love all of the pictures and wish we could be closer during this special time in your life! We love you too, Adelyn and Preston!