Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oh....So Pregnant

So, I am WAY pregnant. I am on the final count down: just 11 days until my due date. I would post a picture, but I'm not really into that. :) Basically, I look like I swallowed a soccer ball, watermelon, or maybe even a beach ball--you get the idea. I have been in major "nesting" mode for the last few months and have thus become a terrible blogger. Sorry about that.

During the last month or so, I have had a blast painting my house! We finished the whole main level (family room, kitchen and bathroom) as well as the upstairs kids' bathroom. I LOVE the effect of color on the walls. It makes me happy. I also bought some bar stools on KSL and covered them with beautiful apolstery fabric and plastic (so the kids can't destroy them)--a very fun and rewarding project. We also recently did a $100 remodel to our bathroom. A new mirror, light fixture, hardware, paint, and a few decorations have made a HUGE difference. We also put hardware on the kitchen cabinets, ceiling fans in all the upstairs bedrooms, and organized our food storage. I love doing little home fix-it projects (or watching Ryan do them :) My current little project is making bedding for my new baby's crib. I admit that I am not much of a seamstress; but fortunately, my mom is. She's helping me finish a new bumper and crib skirt that matches Adelyn's throw pillows since they'll be sharing a room. Everything is just about ready for my new little one's arrival.

I have also been working more this summer since Ryan is not currently teaching. It has been pretty difficult (especially the 12 hour graveyard shifts). But after this week, I will be done with that. I am very much looking forward to life slowing down. I have absolutely nothing on my calendar or to-do list after this week (apart from adjusting to being a mother of three, of course) and it feels so refreshing. I am excited to just enjoy the all-too-fleeting weeks of my newborn's infancy. I cannot wait to finally meet my little princess. Anyway, until then...

3 comments:

Heather Kearns said...

We miss you! I am so excited for your new little girl to come. I feel so disconnected since our move! I also wish I could sit back and enjoy your newly painted home and pat you on the back :) I am sure it looks lovely. Call me sometime so we can chat!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

Hmmm, random commenter, eh? How do you feel about that? :)

Have I mentioned how much I wish I had your drive? I have had the same "project list" on my fridge for the last 6 months, and I haven't crossed a thing off. Projects intimidate me, and that's the awful truth. How about you use your last 11 days of pregnancy to come do my projects for me? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Love you!