Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Backyard Makeover

We put in a fence last fall so that our kids could play in the backyard without worry, but then we realized our back yard was boring and they had nothing fun to do out there so. . .

We bought a swing set. I am most excited about the awesome deal I got on it: only $109.50 at RC Willey Outlet. They were sold out in one day, so I'm very glad I jumped on it.

The swing set happens to be my kids' favorite new toy.

Every fast Sunday in church, we have had a combined lesson on Provident Living. Over the last few months, we've been working like crazy beefing up our food and water storage, improving our budget, compiling our 72-hour kit, and although I thought our 1/10 acre lot was too small for one, Ryan decided it was also time to plant a garden. Besides a few perennials, we planted raspberry bushes, a few tomatoes, peppers, onions, lettuce, cucumber, and some various herbs. Last night, we needed some green onions for our potato bar and so we just went into the back yard and grabbed some. Now that was a proud moment.

Raspberries...yum!

The rest of the garden.

Ryan also built the kids a sand-box out of the left over wood that was sitting on the side of our house when we moved in. We just need to fill it with sand and the backyard makeover will be complete.
Here is the prettiest addition to the backyard make-over. Lilies are one of my favorite flowers.

4 comments:

Angie O said...

What a fun backyard! I wish I had one.

Lori said...

Gorgeous! You guys did a great job.
And, I can't believe that deal you got! Good job:)

Anonymous said...

Nice job you guys. It looks great! :)

Heather said...

The garden looks GREAT!!! Make sure to save me some raspberries!!!!!!