Toward the beginning of April, I had all but resigned myself to the fact that he wasn't going to be accepted to BYU and that I ought to start seriously considering Texas survival techniques (in fact, I spent several feverish days looking into cross-country moving, campus housing, Medicaid and other government help, etc., etc.). Ryan called me one evening from his school with the announcement that he had a full schedule of French classes next year and would no longer be able to be the student council adviser. I was floored and elated--I hated the idea of him being so busy again with extra-curricular activities. He had gone from just five sections of French this year to over seven sections; they even had to turn some students away because there wasn't room. Amazing! He is such a great teacher and the kids love him so much! So, now we're thinking: "Maybe God wants us to stay even though he might not get into BYU?"
So, we continued the Utah County house hunt. To condense the end of an already really long story, Ryan got into the BYU program! But by the time we found out, we had already put an offer on this house in American Fork and had pretty much decided to stay regardless. I think God sometimes makes you take a step in the dark before the path becomes clear again. It is amazing how everything has worked out after such a long time of uncertainty and confusion. We are so happy to finally have some direction again. Ryan will start his Educational Leadership doctoral program at BYU this summer and be able to continue teaching at Lakeridge full-time, which he absolutely loves. The program is 5-6 years and he'll probably be really busy that whole time, but at least we know that it is the direction that God wants for us.

As for me, the only new thing is that I am going to start back at my old job at Utah Valley Hospital. My first day back is this Friday. I will just do one night shift a week. Thankfully, Preston has decided to be a good sleeper and even sleeps in his own bed and loves it, so it should work out pretty nicely. Anyway, sorry for the long journal entry. I PROMISE to actually download some pictures and have a much funner post soon.
8 comments:
Congrats to Ryan and YOU for getting into the program. I think you would have loved Texas ;) but being around family and around what you know and love is always nice.
I love to read your blogs- you write so well. Julia I hope that you just don't work every Friday so I can see you!
I forgot to mention before a huge congrats that Preston is sleeping now at night! That makes such a HUGE differeance in how everyone feels the next day. Rock on that you two accomplished that battle!
Good for you guys! I totally believe that Heavenly Father does make us move before we find out if it's right or wrong. Which is very hard!
Congrats- that's great- So glad you are coming back to work, I am on maternity leave right now (which is wonderful) but am excited to be able to see you again- Sad you aren't working days though
Too bad you're not coming to Texas. I'm happy you guys have a plan and congrats to Ryan. He is a champ for all that school. Good job guys!
So exciting! Congrats to Ryan. Kjell is going to BYU right now at night (EMBA) while working full-time, so I know how that goes. Call me if your ever up for the pool!
Whoops, I meant "you're" not "your" in that last sentence:)
Post a Comment