Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Discovery Gateway

If you still haven't made it down to the new children's museum at the Gateway, it is my hope that this blog entry will convinced you that it is definitely worth the money and the trip. This place is a children's paradise! It has every neat toy a kid could ever dream of, all in a safe, clean, fun environment. Adelyn just went crazy running around from activity to activity. They have music, games, crafts, kid-size houses and automobiles, a farm land, a fountain you can play in, and much, much more! Here is a sample of what we did:

Adelyn rowed across the river...

Drove through the city...

Picked out all her food a the grocery store
and paid for it at the cash register...

Came home and cooked it...

Then she and her friend Alexis Rigby served us the lunch they made.

This is all of us: me with my kids, Leslie with her daughter Emma, and Emily with her daughter Alexis and son Kevin. Leslie and Emily are two of my good friends from high school. It was great to get together again and catch up while our kids had the time of their lives.

They even have a real-size life-flight helicopter and a control tower. Amazing!

There is also a pre-walker area where Preston hung out most of the time. He loved it!

Warning: this is a possible side effect of spending about 3 1/2 hours being over-stimulated and running around like crazy at "Discovery Gateway." But as you probably already guessed, I think it was worth it!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

oh, that was so much fun. :)

Jennica said...

I knew we wanted to go there while I was there. I guess I will have to make another special trip. You guys all look so good and have the cutest kids. So glad to see Emily is doing well.

Haguewood Family said...

We need to get there. That looks so fun. Congrats on getting into BYU. That is so cool. We need to c come visit.

Heather said...

I love the pic of them crashed out on the bean bags! I need to get Jaron there just so I can have a nap afterwards! :)