Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Adelyn!

My darling Adelyn officially turned three on March 28th, though she has been a 3-year old in my head for quite some time now. We had a great time celebrating with family and friends.

She has been obsessed with Dora the Explorer for almost a year now and has been talking about the Dora birthday party she would have when she turned three. Every time we talked about it, she said, "And we'll have party hats and a Dora cake."

So, I decided to make my little girl's dream a reality by throwing her a Dora Adventure party. We had to follow the "Map" to find the lost party hats. The kids had to go over the Black Troll Bridge (after solving the troll's riddle, of course), go around the brown table three times (counting in Spanish), go down the red slide, through the dark tunnel using a flashlight they got from "Backpack" (seen above photo), then pop the balloons to find the clue to where the party hats were hidden. It was so much fun. I got the Dora music from the library, so the kids felt like they were part of the real thing. They were all so cute.

Preston even managed to "Swipe" a party hat.

We had the family over for spaghetti afterwards. This is Adelyn's cousin Savanna, whose birthday is the day before Adelyn's, so we celebrated her birthday too.

Here's the cake she wanted so badly. It was delicious and came with a "Swiper the Fox" chaser toy.

Buried in presents--Adelyn couldn't be happier.

Adelyn has wanted a piggy bank to store her coins for a long time. My sister Verna gave her this darling one that Adelyn got to paint herself. This is the finished product after 45 minutes of Ryan patiently helping her. They did such a good job!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That party sounds like so much fun! Very creative. What an awesome mom you are! Happy Birthday Adelyn!

Our Family said...

That sounded like fun- I really was plning on going until tht afternoon- and then Jonathn just wasn't feeling good and I ws getting sicker by the minute. BUt I am glad everything turned out! She looks so proud!

Jennica said...

Wow when did our kids get so big? Looks like you guys had fun and she is such a cutie.

The Reichmans said...

You are so creative-what a cute idea! It looks like everyone had a great time and adelyn looks so happy!

Heather said...

It was a great success! I couldn't help but think while we were there that I would have to pull on all of my creative juices just to make Jaron's party half as fun! :)