Monday, February 4, 2008

The Lost January

I don't know if it has been the same for anyone else, but I am completely at a loss for where January got off to. I cannot remember a single thing about the month apart from nursing children back to health (through several sicknesses) and cleaning my house (over and over and over). Fortunately, I did take some pictures as evidence that the month did actually happen. According to the pictures...

We got bundled up every time we went out so as to combat the freezing cold and prevent sickness (much good it did, though).

We painted Adelyn's nails (look closely), ate some delicious hot dogs (or at least Addie and Ryan did), and sometimes wore sad faces.

We held each other close... or rather I held both my children at the same time, all day, everyday while they were sick. I realized that the only thing worse than a sick child is sick child'ren'. It has been a tricky juggling act, and I'm grateful that my mom came up to help me a couple of days last week, or I'm afraid none of us would have survived.

We played games and did puzzles. Adelyn was obsessed with this puzzle which she referred to as "my Strawberry Shortcake game." We did it over and over together and now she can assemble all 63 pieces by herself. It is quite amazing to watch!

We smiled a lot, especially Preston who rarely finds any reason to be sad.

We danced around the house.

I bargained with Adelyn for some computer time. She loves playing her "Winnie the Pooh" and "Mickey Mouse" preschool games. She's learning so much about colors, numbers, and letters. And Ryan and I are so proud that our two year-old can already "drag and click. "

We goofed around and just spent lots of quality time together indoors. How grateful we were to be sheltered from the cold and surrounded by the people we love most. Hopefully in the coming months we will encounter a little more productivity and a little less sickness, but isn't it amazing what you can get through when you stick together.

7 comments:

Haguewood Family said...

Julia,
Your kids are so cute too! I am excited to be a new blogger so we can stay in touch. I know what you mean about sick kids! It is terrible.

Chelsea said...

Your little family is too cute!

The Johnsons said...

Addie looks so much like you! Especially those cheeks! And what are we going to do when Preston and Lilly and Emma are older? That handsome boy has such choices!

Jennica said...

I love the blonde hair. I want one so bad but I just dont think that will happen. Hope you guys are feeling better, we were struck by January ickyness too.

Lisa said...

It really is crazy how sick everyone has been! I am glad you all are feeling better. There are a lot of great pics too.

Lisa said...

mine do finally seem to be better thank goodness!

Leslie said...

Look, a comment from me! :) I wanted to tell you that Addie's hair looks way cute in a pony tail. Love it. :)