We decided to start up a blog and the best news we have recently is that we are having a baby boy sometime around the end of July. The baby is healthy as far as we could tell from the ultrasound and we are really excited to have one girl and one boy. It seems like a complete family; at least it will be for a few years anyway. Adelyn loves to say "baby brother" and pat my belly, and she tells baby brother goodnight and "I love you" and sings to him. Adelyn LOVES to sing. Her latest favorites are "Mary Went," (Mary had a Little Lamb) "Twinkle Stars," (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) "EIO," (Old McDonald) "Bitsy Spider," (Itsy, Bitsy Spider) and "Jesus" (Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam)."
While we wait patiently for little brother, Adelyn and I enjoy going for long walks and seeing the horses, cows, sheep, and even llamas that we see in southwest Provo. I have had to take up walking thanks to a sore hamstring that seems to accompany pregnancy. We also spend at least part of nearly everyday at the park. Adelyn is very daring and loves to try all the new tricks and equipment. She especially likes big slides. Mom got the family scrapbook caught up, and another favorite past-time is showing Adelyn all her darling pictures and telling her about all the funny things she's done. She is very independent and likes to now dress herself as much as possible and brush her own teeth, among other things. Her new favorite phrase is, "I did it! Ta da!!!" And she often accompanies this with a darling bow.
Ryan is a busy graduate student. He leaves early each morning for campus and stays quite late most days. He is finishing up several huge projects to complete the semester, including an amazing movie for his movie class. In his spare time, he plays on a graduate school soccer league and his team is currently 2-0 in their tournament. His favorite time is spent with his funny little toddler, and I am grateful for the energy and excitement he can give her at the end of the day when I am spent.
We are doing well and are happy to be getting through this hard year of graduate school while adding to our family. We are so very blessed!
Ryan is a busy graduate student. He leaves early each morning for campus and stays quite late most days. He is finishing up several huge projects to complete the semester, including an amazing movie for his movie class. In his spare time, he plays on a graduate school soccer league and his team is currently 2-0 in their tournament. His favorite time is spent with his funny little toddler, and I am grateful for the energy and excitement he can give her at the end of the day when I am spent.
We are doing well and are happy to be getting through this hard year of graduate school while adding to our family. We are so very blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment